Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday 30 November 2012

Frosty walk to Milton

We managed to tax the car yesterday and the Post Office clerk DID look at all the documents I produced so the rummage of the previous day was not entirely wasted time and effort.    Joe is now going to retrieve the car from storage tomorrow so that I can go off to Essex early next week ahead of our planned Christmas visit.  I will stay just a couple of days which will allow me to get Mother into Southend for her Christmas shopping and see my nephew Jack who hits the big SIXTEEN  next week!  Where have all the years gone....

Anyway, last night's temperature drop has frozen the ground so our walk today was in better conditions;  muddy fields and dogs mix wonderfully but the impact on the boat is less desirable as you might imagine.    Today we walked back along the towpath towards Cambridge turning off just before Baits Bite lock and walking up into the village of Milton and Milton Country Park.  A pleasant perambulation for a couple of hours in the winter sunshine before heading back to a comfy chair by Yarwood's stove where I will vegetate until it is time to rustle up tonight's dinner. 


 Cam side walk
A  memorial in Milton Country Park to mark the 50th anniversary of the Allied D-Day landings in France on 6th June 1944.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.