Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Water point...under water

There was fun and games yesterday morning when it came time to fill Yarwood's water tank and take our leave of Cambridge.  We were originally going to move out of town on Saturday but driving winds lost out to prudence in the arm wrestling contest and we stayed put. 
So despite the river bank being swamped by flood waters yesterday we really did to replenish supplies.  I donned my rather fetching rubber shoes (cut down wellies) and prepared to splash about in the very cold water.  Joe winded Yarwood and after a couple of attempts managed to get to the opposite bank against the weir stream.  I stepped down from the gunwale with the centre line on what I hoped/believed was the bank six inches below the water level and got Yarwood secured.  There seemed little point Joe joining me and also getting cold and wet so he stayed aboard passing me keys and water hose and cassettes and I did the necessary.

Adjusting trouser level in the shallower water by the service point
 


Back aboard and heading down stream out of Cambridge.  All the permanent moored boats had poles down to stop them slipped over the bank.  We gave a farewell toot to Nb Lucky Duck as we passed but they were not about.
 
I stayed aboard until Baits Bite lock after which I walked the dogs along the river to where we were planning to moor.

Moored at Clayhithe in the sunshine.
 
Yarwood with NB Matilda Rose behind us

6 comments:

  1. Sorry not to be able to take you on a trip down the Backs, not really the conditions for it! But I hope we can find time to do it and invite you along before the season is out!

    Glad to hear you are safely moored at Clayhithe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. We will gladly take up your offer for an exploration of the Backs as and when you decide conditions are good. See you before before too long, take care
      Lesley

      Delete
  2. what you going on about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No name
      No courtesy
      No punctuation

      No answer...

      Delete
  3. Glad that you're all ok - the rivers are crazy at the moment - the Thames looked quite evil at Kingston - very glad that we're safely back in the marina!

    Take care and pass my regards to the Matilda Roses.

    Sue, nb Indigo Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all fine out here Sue. I will pass your thoughts on to the MR crew.
      take care
      Lesley

      Delete

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.