Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday 5 October 2012

Horse Racing


I arrived back at the 'mobile shed' yesterday morning having spent three days in Essex with my Mother who had been taken ill.  At 80+ years Mum is finding it difficult to bounce back from a variety of health issues and Tuesday found us at Southend Hospital followed by another visit to the same on Wednesday.  For now all is OK and I have returned to Norfolk to continue our holiday. 
And in holiday mode, today we went horse racing!    There was a meeting at Yarmouth Race Course and we took ourselves along and enjoyed a great day.   There were seven races on the card and with an each-way bet on each race I picked three winners and a 2nd placed horse and came away having doubled my stake!!





 Friends Val and Alan who shall henceforth be known as Val and LOSER  (according to Joe that is..)




We enjoyed the day so much I will be looking to go racing again after all, there are so many courses close by our stamping grounds of  canals and rivers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.