Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Stoke Golding to Burton Hastings

We pulled pins at left Stoke Golding this morning, making our way off of the Ashby canal over the next couple of days and on to Coventry.
 Yarwood passing Stoke Golding Marina
 
 A cheery wave from Himself...I think that was for the dogs
 
 Passing Ashby Boats. 
The three day boats are being serviced at the wharf, they were all out over the weekend with happy crews aboard.

 This is a new one to me...'Speed check area'?
And who is checking speeds then? 

 Passing the Triumph factory at Hinckley
 
 Leaving the water point at Bridge 15 having topped the tank
 
Moored at Burton Hastings

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley,
    We waved as you went past this morning,we were moored round the bend from where you were moored on Monday night.Hope you enjoy your time in Coventry as we did.The only downside for us was that it's difficult,if not impossible,to moor after Tesco's at Bridge 8.We will follow your blog from now & I must say ,I do like your list of pet hates.Take care.
    Fred & Lisa NB Chyandour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fred
      I was the 'lady' that walked past with the two Labs and waved. See blog post on Wednesday and you will see I took a photo of Chyandour.
      Take care
      Lesley

      Delete
  2. Hi Lesley,
    Sorry to send two comments.The first was from my iPhone, I was having problems & I didn't think it had been sent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALL comments welcome Fred, no problem at all.
      Lesley

      Delete
  3. Hi There,
    Re the "Speed Check"
    They have been doing that for years on the Broads, a BW or as it is now C&rt worker would point a radar gun at you as you pass by.
    Over the limit and an automatic fine is on it's way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris and Debbie
      The thing with the Broads is that you can 'get up speed' but on the canals it is nigh on impossible. The perceived wisdom has always been that if you are creating a breaking bow wave, YOU ARE GOING TOO FAST and passing moored boats you do at tick-over. What more do you need?
      Lesley
      It is the only time I have seen this new C&RT branded sign and it strikes me as a complete nonsense.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Amanda
      You like? Norwich market last year £25. I like it as well.
      X Lesley

      Delete

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.