Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday 31 October 2013

Union Basin Market Harborough..our winter home.

We set off this morning at 8.30am having sent a text message to Caroline at Union Basin to say we were on our way.  We are taking up a winter mooring for the first time and not without a little trepidation, but Market Harborough is a lovely town and the basin is interesting so I am sure we will enjoy our stay. 

   Approaching Foxton Step Bridge


 We had about four and a quarter miles to travel, a short walk for the dogs and myself.


 
 A bit of industrial heritage...silo's at the old Glue factory beside the A6 and on the canal.  Boats used to bring animal bones and take away barrels of glue. It was till operating in this role the first time we came through here and the smell was just awful!

 Yarwood slips past the former rendering site but now no stench assails you.
 Arriving in the basin 
 Reversing on to our berth
 
 And that's it for now, no more cruising for a few months but Joe is of tomorrow to retrieve our car from storage so we will still be out and about.

Plugged into shore-power with water next to the boat what luxury..

7 comments:

  1. And no neighbour right up against you, which is also a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adam
      Returning from a walk into town to tax the car we found that we have our expected neighbour, Nb. On Golden Pond Again. I think we have the full compliment now.
      Lesley

      Delete
    2. That name sounds familiar. Is it a narrowbeam Dutch barge?

      Delete
    3. It is indeed...have you reviewed it by any chance?
      X Lesley

      Delete
    4. No, but I think it's a regular in the Weedon, Bugbrooke area, and we've passed it several times.

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy your Winter in MH. Say hello to Gill and Don for us please, I see they are your neighbours. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo
      I will pass on your greetings when I see our neighbours. I think MH will be just fine.
      Lesley

      Delete

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.