Sunday, 15 September 2013

Catch-up and Hopwas weekend

We arrived back at Barton Turn Marina from our week visiting family on Sunday last.  Monday and it was a quick dash into Burton-on-Trent to pick up my new spectacles, do a bit of food shopping and then return the hire car to Enterprise.  Tuesday we I washed the boat and got the laundry up to date and on Wednesday we filled with diesel and took our leave of Barton Turn and headed for Fradley Junction.  We arrived perhaps twenty minutes before Lisa and David on  Nb.What a Lark  who we had arranged to meet as they dashed through for a date with Streethay Wharf.  A liquid lunch in the Mucky Duck then followed and then we were pressed into help clear the contents of the fridge before What a Lark was left to the mercies of the boat yard.

Thursday dawned and we got a plaintiff call from Lisa, David was ill and could Joe take the boat to Streethay.  Of Course.  I walked the dogs to Streethay, Joe steered What a Lark, Lisa packed gear away and David suffered but once the boat was delivered Joe and I and mutts walked back along the towpath to Fradley and David and Lisa started their journey home to the south coast.
Nb.What a Lark enroute to Streethay Wharf for work on their tunnel lamp mounting

On Friday we walked back into Alrewas and lunched at the George an Dragon, two lunches including desserts for £10, result!  Post lunch and back at Fradley we went looking for Roger and Pip of Nb Windsong, who had moored in front of Yarwood.  They were in the Pub, surprise, surprise.. We joined them and enjoyed a catch up and a pint before arranging to travel to Hopwas for the weekend and have a bit of time together. 
Which brings us up to date..

Roger, Ozzie the dog and Pip of Nb Windsong

So, Saturday morning dawns and we slip away from Fradley at 07.30, service the boat and head off on to the Coventry Canal.
A dank start to the day as we go off in full wet gear. by the time we arrived at Hopwas the sun had come out and the day was rather pleasant.  Nb. Windsong soon arrived and we toddled off to book a table for Sunday lunch at The Tame Otter.

 First and only lock of the day prepared and waiting
 Yarwood coming up from the service point
 Making the turn on to the Coventry Canal

  Passing Nb What a Lark now moored up and awaiting Streethay's ministrations

Yarwood moored on the school moorings at Hopwas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.