Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday 5 February 2015

Jerez de la Frontera

Jerez famous for Sherry, Horses and Flamenco is only a couple of hundred miles from where we are staying; So being a person who knows a thing or two about culture and history, I went off for a couple of days with friends Trevor and Avis to see some men drive extremely expensive cars very quickly.

The Circuito de Jerez is better known for MotoGP as F1 cars do not race there.  It was a bit of a gamble going there for the first F1 test as the weather was not looking too good and there is no knowing when and if the cars will be on track, but it was cheap to get in.  In fact it was so cheap the Jenson Button/McLaren baseball cap for herself cost more than the entrance ticket  Apparently a 2013 Alonso Ferrari cap was not good enough.. (Herself editing now: You bet it wasn't good enough, he tried to fob me off with Ferrari, I don't think so!)

I borrowed one of Madam's many cameras for the occasion and took some video footage (literally my feet several times) as I don't have a clue how to use the thing.

Anyhoo here is what I salvaged:-


Jerez circuit

Unloading the bestest, latest Sauber fresh from the gravel, watched by...

Felipe Massa!!


Torro Rosso being serviced in the pit lane
 
 
Torro Rosso
Carlos Sainz Jnr.
 
 
 
Williams
Filipe Massa
 
Ferrari
Kimi Raikkonen
 
As an F1 fan it was really good to be able to see the real thing...if only testing ...and despite what is said on the box, the new cars are NOT that quiet! I saw a few bods with ear plugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.