Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday 17 December 2012

Fare thee well West Row

We pulled pins this morning having enjoyed four days mooring at Judes Ferry Inn in the village of West Row in Suffolk.  The Landlord is really pleasant and friendly and he keeps some good real ales.  We did eat in the restaurant one evening but were all a bit disappointed by the fare; too much Masterchef influencing us I expect....

Dog walking in the area was a real bonus, offering a plethora of footpaths and routes to explore and even a walk across country into the town of Mildenhall.  One of the judgements I make about a mooring is the access to dog walking, a good mooring must offer me more than a strip of flood bank to wander up and down for ten minutes.

 On Sunday, after it had closed of course, Jill and I finally located the West Row village shop which will come in handy if/when we come back this way in the New Year.

This morning, Jill and I left on foot ahead of the boats, walking across country to Isleham lock with the four dogs.  It gave us and the mutts some exercise before we piled back on to our respective boats and headed off up stream to Prickwillow again where we have moored up for the night.   Tomorrow Littleport beckons for one night before making our way back towards Ely ahead of Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.