Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday 4 April 2014

Social Gathering Stone

With Fletcher's health  finally on the up and up today we spent out time in Stone getting haircuts, shopping and the application for my renewal driving licence in the post.  Come 4pm with four crews of the Aston Marina winter moorer's  now in Stone with their boats we trooped up through the Town to one of their favourite hostelry's, The Royal Exchange.  This is a tied pub of the Titanic Brewery in Stoke-on-Trent so we downed pints of 'Steerage' and 'White Star' surrounded by old images of the 'Titanic', the tragic ship that sank on her maiden voyage in 1912 with great loss of life.

 The Royal Exchange
 
The hardened drinkers of Aston Marina...and two amateurs, Joe and myself plus four dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.