Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday 3 May 2015

Sunday lunch at the Black Horse Foxton

What an awful day, rain much of the night, wind and rain much of the day.  I was up at 5am, Floyd's appetite has returned and he wanted to share this piece of important progress with me....
At 7am I as out walking the dogs in full wet weather gear, me not the dogs, and we wended our way through Foxton Village and out across country to Debdale Wharf and then back to the boat. I have spent some of today cleaning brass and sorting paperwork but the highlight was lunch at The Black Horse Foxton. The landlord and landlady, Darren and Kim, had very kindly allowed us to park our car in their car park for a few days before it was put it back into storage. We had a super traditional Sunday Roast and left the pub with a supply of freshly cooked vegetables for the dogs - they had expected us to bring Fletcher and Floyd with us so had set a table up in the bar where dogs are allowed, how thoughtful is that? 
So if you are in Foxton give the Black Horse a try, they keep good beer and pub food are really very fine hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.